My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 2nd June 2019 Painswick Beacon

Starting from the lay-bye just above Prinknash Abbey and negotiating the difficult bend on the A46 we followed the path down towards Upton St Leonards. Up Watery Lane at Moorend and on to a very muddy path to join the Wysis Way. On to Cud Hill and then over Painswick Beacon in heavy rain. Continuing on the Wysis Way before cutting across to Olivers Farm and then down to the bottom of the valley past Tocknells Court. At Mann's Court we headed back up to arrive at Cranham Corner. A short stretch of the Cotswold Way and back to the start.

Fourteen on the walk. About 9 miles and 1500 feet ascent.







Upton St Leonards in the distance


One of the gate houses at the entrance to Prinknash Abbey


Coffee stop in the rain.

Heavy rain on the Painswick Beacon

Tocknells Corner

Buttercup meadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment