My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 18th June Lydford Day 1

Return to Dartmoor for the first ever Summer Camp. Good to be back!

We took the track from the Fox and Hound to Nodden Gate then steeply up to Arms Tor. Across to the track and on to Dick's Well. Lower Dunna Goat was next with a coffee stop below at Bleak House. On to Green Tor, around the boggy bit to Kitty Tor. Back through the remains of the old peat works and along the old track down cutting across to go up Great Nodden.

7 miles and 1200 feet ascent



Brat Tor in the distance

Down to the ford below Nodden Gate


On Arms Tor looking across to Sharp and Hare Tor


Green Tor

Into the mist around the boggy bit

Returning to the old peat works


Bleak house just visible in the distance

On Great Nodden


No comments:

Post a Comment