My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 9th June 2019 Winchcombe

A fine sunny morning. Starting in Winchombe and initially following the Winchcombe Way out over Dunn's Hill. Down to St Kenelm's Well and down again to Sudeley Hill Farm. Across to follow the Warden's Way past Parks Farm and on  to Roel Hill Farm and Roel Gate. Back past Spoonley Farm and into Spoonley Wood to have a look at what is left of the Roman Villa. Return to Winchcombe through Waterhatch on the Windrush Way - except the bit which goes near the castle where the footpath had been closed whilst the Summer Festival had been taking place.

About 25 on the walk. 9.5 miles and 1230 feet ascent.






Going out on the Winchcombe Way

Going up Dunn's Hill



Looking down the Sudeley valley

St Kenelm's Well

Sudeley Hill Farm - Winchcombe and Langley Hill in the distance.


Towards Sudeley Castle where the festival site was being dismantled



Approcaching Roel Hill Farm




The remains of the Roman Villa

Waterhatch

Returning on the Windrush Way

No comments:

Post a Comment