My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 5th June 2019 Cotwold Way - Cold Ashton to Little Sodbury

The second leg of the Cotswold Way starting at Cold Ashton. The route goes through Dryham Wood, past Dryham Park, around the edge of Hinton Hill, across the M4 to Tomarton. On through Dodington Park, Old Sodbury and over the hill fort at Little Sodbury.

Perfect walking weather with clear long distance views, not too hot and gentle breeze.

10.5 Miles and 1000 feet ascent.

Click here for the first leg

Click her for the third leg












The Manor House at Cold Ashton

Cold Ashton church.

Of course, the cows just wanted to be friendly and came up close.


Views across to the Forest of Dean

The west view of Dryham House and church

Hinton Hill Fort with the Strip Lynchets clearly visible just below.

Power lines

Beacon Lane Plantation

Across the M4 and a stop for lunch.

Dodington Park

The east entrance to Dodington House - home of Sir James Dyson

A steeper bit up to....

...the church at Old Sodbury - May Hill and the Tyndale Monument are just visible in the far distance

The Iorn Age hill fort at Little Sodbury

Part of the double ramparts on the north side.

Finally down the track through the woods to Little Sodbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment