My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 6th March 2019 Winchcombe

After a night of very heavy rain  the ground was saturated, soggy and very muddy in places. Sunshine and showers was the order of the day. We followed the Winchcombe Way on the route out over Langley Hill, Gretton, Alderton, Alstone. On to the Gloucestershire Way, Dixton and back over  Langley Hill.

Walk leaders were John and Rosie. 12 on the walk. 11.6 miles and 1600 feet ascent.














On the way up to Langley Hill with Winchcombe in the background.

Down to Gretton with Dumbleton Hill in the distance.



Coffee stop at the church in Alderton



Dixton Hill to the left


Manor Farm


Cleeve Hill in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment