My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 20th March 2019 Birdlip

A longer walk today from Birdlip. To Brimpsfield, Elkstone, Cockleford. Lunch at the Hungry Horse, Severn Springs then returning through Coberley and Barrow Wake before returning to Birdlip. A dull morning but a with a little sunshine later in the afternoon.

24 on the walk 12.5 miles and 1400 feet of ascent.











The footpath just before Brimpstone.

Brimpstone

A proper water feature at Brimpsfield Park

Coffee stop in Elkstone...

...Elkstone Manor

Going down to Cockleford

The farm beside Tomtit's Bottom

On the way to Upper Cobberley....

...where we met the hunt

Lunch stop

Cobberley


Spring time flowers

Birdlip Radio Station

On the escarpment  - looking across to Crickley Hill

Across to Gloucester - May Hill in the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment