My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 24th March 2019 Oxenton

A beautiful spring morning with sunshine everywhere. Our route was around Oxenton Hill going through Gotherington, Alstone, Bengrove and Teddington.

Just over 8 miles at a slow pace and 675 feet of ascent.












Oxenton

Sping blossom and lambs



More blossom near Gotherington

Looking across to Woolstone from Gotherington

Under the railway line by Gotherington Halt

On the Winchcombe way towards Alstone


Lunch stop just below Dixton Wood with fabulous views across to.....

....Alderton Hill and....


...a butterfly in the sunshine


Going gently up just past Teddington


Bredon Hill to the north....

...and the Malvern Hills to the west

The higher level path with Oxenton in the distance below

Oxenton Church

No comments:

Post a Comment