My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 31st March 2019 Prinknash Abbey

Starting from the car park at Prinknash Abbey a walk of three parts.  Firstly down through the fields to the second part - in and around the edge of the industrial estate at Brockworth. The aim of this was to go to the place which is at centre of Gloucestershire. Next  the third and best part of the walk. Gently up to Great Whitcombe, across the reservoir and on to the remains of Roman Villa for the lunch stop. Then up to the Cotswold Way to loop around Cooper's Hill and return to the start.

Cold and dull at first but with a little sunshine later. 8.4 miles and 1000 feet of ascent.







The centre of Gloucestershire.

Magnolia at Great Whitcombe


The remains of the Roman Villa


On to the Cotswold Way

Bluebells and a hint ot what is to come later.

Looking across to Cheltenham and Cleeve Hill


The steep slope where the cheese rolling takes place.



50 yards on the main road before going down to the Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment