My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 24th Februray 2019 Whittington

We started from the lay-bye on the A40 just below Whittington. This walk had also been advertised in the Cotswold Lion so with some extras there were over 30 on the walk.

The route took us to Sevenhampton, Brockhampton, West Wood, Wontley Farm, Wardens Wood and back through Whittington.

A fine warm sunny morning.

8.63 miles and 800 feet ascent.

Whittington





Brockhampton in the distance below

The church at Sevenhampton

The old Toll House at the entrance to West Woods

Wontley Farm and a stop for lunch


Returning to Whittington

No comments:

Post a Comment