My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Monday 18th March 2019 Winchcombe

A solo walk and recce for the walk on 17th March. From the centre of Winchcombe on the Gloucestershire Way to Fluke's Hill. Through Little Farmcote and on to Campden Lane to Stumps Cross. Steeply down on the Cotswold Way to Wood Stanway and then back up to the Beckbury Monument. Down again to Hailes and returning to Winchcombe on Puck Pit Lane. Dull and overcast with a few showers.

11 miles and 1611 feet ascent




New born lambs in Winchcombe

Gulls everywhere

Campden Lane Track...

...and the derelict barns


The 'stump' at Stumps Cross

On the edge of the escarpment.

Hailes Abbey

Puck Pit Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment