My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 10th March 2019 Hawling

20 for this walk from Hawling. Heavy showers just before the walk started but it was dry on the walk and with a very strong wind. The ground is saturated, so lots of mud in places.

We took the track out of Hawling and then followed the Windrush Way over Windrush Hill to Hawling Lodge. On the road to Guiting Power where we followed the Warden's Way into Guiting Wood and up to Deadmanbury Gate for the lunch stop. Through the fields and back on the Windrush Way to return to Hawling.

8.43 miles and 850 feet ascent.




Out on the Windrush Way

Spring is breaking through

Down Windrush Hill

Lots more blossom and evidence of Spring

Into Guiting Power for a coffee stop

Guiting Woods in the distance

Guiting Woods


Roel Hill Farm


No comments:

Post a Comment