My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 17th March 2019 - Stow-on-the-Wold

We started from the long stay car park next to Tesco. Into the edge of town then out on the Monarch's Way to Broadwell. Along the lanes to Donnington,  past the monument to the Battle of Stow (1646) and Donnington Brewery to Upper Swell. On the Heart of England Way to Lower Swell turning left at Hyde Mill for a gentle climb back to Stow again on the Monarch's Way. Back through the town centre. Cool and a few spots of rain.

Just over 8 miles and 800 feet of ascent. 31? on the walk.








Monarch's Way

Wonderful bloom in Broadwell

The church yard in Broadwell


Battle of Stow monumnet


Donnington Brewery



A little house (a folly?) by Bowl Farm

Lunch by the church in Lower Swell

Lower Swell

Heart of England Way

Looking across to Nether-Swell Manr

Hyde Mill


Stow on the Wold

No comments:

Post a Comment