My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 27th March 2019 Winchcombe

My first opportunity to lead a walk with the Wednesday group from Winchcombe. Out on the Gloucestershire Way over Salters and Flukes Hill. Around the Farmcote valley and along Campden Lane to Stumps Cross. Down to Wood Stanway and then back up to Beckbury Monument. Returning to Winchcombe on the Cotswold Way past Hailes Abbey.

10.5 miles and 1500 feet ascent






Leaving Winchcombe


Just below Stumps Cross

Lunch by the Beckbury Monument




No comments:

Post a Comment