My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Saturday 6th April 2019 Birdlip

Another leg of the Cotswold Way around Birdlip and Crickley Hill Park. Starting from Birdlip following the footpath to Shab Hill farm. Much colder than expected and an extra layer was soon necessary. Disappointing by Shab Hill Farm where the part of the file set aside for the footpath has become overgrown forcing users twice over a barbed wire fence. Past the Birdlip radio station, South Hill and the National Star College to join the Cotswold Way over Crickley Hill.  This brings you out at the Air Balloon pub with a short walk alongside the very busy A436. Then to Barrow Wake and Birdlip Hill.

7.75 miles and 950 feet ascent.


The cricket field at Birdlip 

Rape seed and May blossom

Birdlip Radio Station



Crickley Hill

Crickley Hill with Cooper's Hill and Robin's Wood in the far distance

Excellent views towards Gloucester


A 436

The woods on Birdlip Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment