My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 12th May 2019 Winchcombe

A glorious warm sunny morning. We took the scenic route out of Winchcombe on the Cotswold Way and then onto the footpath to follow the River Isbourne up to Postlip Hall. Around the edge of Cleeve Hill to the golf club and then on the Winchcombe Way across the side of Nottingham Hill. On the way down we cut across to Prescott to have a peak at the hill climbing which was in progress. Through the fields to Far Stanley Farm and back to Winchcombe on the Gloucestershire Way around the edge of Langley Hill.

9 miles and 1400 feet ascent.  16 on the walk



The Cotswold Way out of Winchcombe

Postlip Mills

Coffee break on the edge of Cleeve Common

The track across the side of Nottingham Hill

Malvern Hills in the distance

Looking across to Langley Hill

The path down past Pardon Hill House

Prescott Hill Climb

Lunch stop by the old barn


The Millenium Man

The Gloucestershire Way

Looking across to Bredon Hill and Alderton

Winchcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment