My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 19th May Winchcombe Walking Festival - Dumbleton Hill

My second day at the Winchcombe Walking Festival. The walk started at Alderton and followed the Winchcombe Way east aroung Dumbleton Hill to Dumbleton. Back on the track between Dumbleton and Alderton Hills and finally returning on the Winchcombe Way to Alderton.

6.5 miles and 900 feet ascent. 19 in total
















The group at the start.

Around the corn field

On the Winchcombe Way toward Dumbleton Hill

Above Didcot Hill our leader, Bernie talks about the landscape

The view towards Evesham

In Dumbleton


The village hall - previously a hospital in the first World War





Dumbleton Hall Hotel in the background


The view across to Langley Hill

Lunch with a hazy view.

Coming back down to Frampton Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment