My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Saturday 18th May Winchcombe Walking Festival - Brockhampton

A much longer walk today on one of  the walks for the Winchcombe Walking Festival.

Initially on the Winchcombe Way going up to Wadfield Farm. Upwards again and into the cloud to Belas Knap for a coffee break. A little light rain at this point and then on to Wontley Farm and then down through West Wood past Charlton Pool to the Craven Arms at Brockhampton.

After a very pleasant lunch we re-traced our route to join the Sabrina Way and on to Wardens Wood. On to Cleeve Common. We took the 'secret' valley down past Corndean Farm to return to Winchcombe.

23 in total on the walk. 13.5 miles and 1400 feet ascent.








At the start through Winchcombe

By Wadfield Farm

Arriving at Belas Knap

Lunch stop at the Craven Arms, Brockhampton




On Cleeve Common

On the Cotswold Way in the Breakheart Plantation

A lone deer just above Winchcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment