My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 2nd October 2019 Cotswold Way 6 - Haresfield to Coopers Hill

The 6th leg of the Cotswold Way from Haresfield to Coopers Hill. A cooler sunny day with excellent views. From the car park to the topograph and on to the beacon. Along the path through the woods and up to Edge Common on Rudge Hill for a coffee stop. Then down into the valley before going up to Painswick. Next up to Painswick Beacon where stopped for a while for lunch. On past Cranham Corner to Cooper's Hill where the famous cheese rolling takes place.

9.4 miles and 1600 feet ascent.

Click for previous leg

Click for the next leg





The topograph with fine views to

The severn bridges....

....Sugar Loaf


Looking back to Dursley and Cam Long Down

Haresfield Beacon

The Cromwell Stone commemorating the raising of the siege of Gloucester in the Civil War

Edge Common with Painswick in the distance.


The way mark post, we have now passed the half way point on the walk 55 miles to Bath and 47 to Chipping Campden.


Up the Hill to Painswick - Edge Common on the top behind.

St Mary's Church Painswick

On the Painswick Beacon for lunch......

With excellent views to.........

.........Bredon Hill

..........May Hill

....Malvern Hills

Through the woods again to....

.......Cooper's Hhill


No comments:

Post a Comment