My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 29th September 2019, Overbury

A circular walk from Overbury ove Bredon Hill. Through Kemerton and up to the top. Gently down along the ridge to Ashton-Under Hill and back through Grafton and Beckford Coppice. Mainly dry but with showers all around it was inevitable that one would come our way. Very wet for a while and a good test of the waterproofs!

10.5 miles and 1500 feet ascent.






Leaving Overbury where one member found a bargain.

The Lychgate at St Faiths Church

Rather splendid thatched cottage in Kemerton

The steeper bit on the way up.

Lunch stop in The Warren

Parson Folly on Bredon Hill

Towards the Malvern Hills

Storm clouds gather


Mistletoe

And then the rain came and very wet it was too for a short while.

After the rain looking across to Dixton Hill and Oxenton Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment