My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 30th October 2019 Bredon Hill

Originally the walk was going to start from Eckington Bridge but flood waters prevented this so we started from Woollas Hall Farm. So up the steeper side of Bredon Hill to the ridge. On past Sundial Farm and Lalu Farm to the Wychavon Way. Then down to Elmley Castle, through Little Comberton, Great Comberton on to near Nafford Locks and back to the start. There was a cool breeze and very soggy underfoot in places.

10 miles and 1200 feet ascent.





Going up


The folly on the top which we didn't visit.

Coffee stop

Going down to Elmley Castle


Shades of autumn

The church at Elmley Castle



Little Comberton


The flooded River Avon

'Wool' fence

No comments:

Post a Comment