My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 6th November 2019 Cotswold Way - Coopers Hill to Severn Springs

The seventh leg of the Cotswold Way from Coopers Hill to Severn Springs. A mainly dull autumnal day and after all the recent rain there were a few muddy bits.

For most of the walk from Cooper's Hill to Birdlip you are in woodland so views are restricted but at this time of the year with a little sunshine the woodland is magical.

We came out of the woods just before Berrow Wake. On past the Air Balloon roundabout and up to the cafe on Crickley Hill for lunch. Rain had been forecast for the afternoon but it wasn't as heavy as expected.  We looped round past the Star College and up to Leckhampton Hill. A brief visit to the old area of quarrying and the chimney. Then back over Hartley Hill to Seven Springs.

11 miles and 1800 feet ascent

Click for previous leg

Click here for the next leg


The Witcombe Reservoirs

Autumn delight


Crickley Hill

Looking across to Chruchdown Hill

Berrow Wake


Air Balloon roundabout and the place of the 'missing link'

The mountain bike tracks running down from Birdlip

Lunch at the Crickley Hill cafe


The chimney on Leckhampton Hill

Across Cheltenham to Cleeve Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment