My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 4th September 2019 Cotswold Way Cam Peak to Haresfield CP

The fifth section from Cam Peak to Haresfield beacon car park. We were dropped at the car park just below Cam Peak. The Cotswold Way doesn't go over the peak but four of us decided to do this an meet the other on the path just below. Then over Cam Long Down before going steeply down and up again to walk on the escarpemnt to Coaley Peak with fantastic views across the river Severn. On to Kings Stanley and down to cross the canal then gently up to Westrip, Maiden Hill and finally through Standish Wood.

10.5 mles and 2353 feet ascent.


Click here for the previous leg

Click her for next leg








At the start below Cam Peak


Cam Long Down

Steeply down and then up again

The topograph at Coaley Peak

Looking back to Cam Long Down


The Long Barrow at Coaley Peak

Through Buckholt Wood

Lunch stop near Woodside Farm with a view of the rest of the walk to Standish Wood

Fields of maize around Middleyard

The vineyard and ....

...the grapes - not yet ready for harvesting

Looking back

The alternative Cotswold Way route over Selsley Common


On the final ascent.

No comments:

Post a Comment