My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 14th April 2019 Cold Aston

A superb circular walk from Cold Aston. Lots of people gathering in this little hamlet as two different walking groups got ready to set off. Beautiful undulating Cotswold countryside but with a bitterly cold wind. Our route took us on the Gloucestershire Way to Notrove then the Diamond Way to Hazleton and Turkdean. Finally we came back to Cold Aston on the Macmillan Way. 23 on the walk

8.15 miles and 875 feet of ascent.





Cold Aston


Gathering at the start.

Into the avenue of trees

Rape seed in abundance


Notgrove

Glamping huts at Notgrove

Gatehouse to the Notgrove Manor


Bluebells appearing and.....

.....more spring lambs

Manor Farm at Turkdean


Then a wonderful view of a Red Kite in the field just below us



No comments:

Post a Comment