My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 29th January - Princetown, Dartmoor

A wet day for my return to Dartmoor where I was privilged to lead the walk with my old walking group.

Starting from Princetown we took the track out past South Hessary Tor. Over to Cramber Hill trig point, Cramber Pool and a coffee stop on Cramber Tor. Down to the leat and the aqueduct, past Black Tor Falls on to Hart Tor, the railway and back to Princetown.

An excellent lunch in the newly refurbished Prince of Wales. And the snow was falling when we left. 5.5 miles and 600 feet ascent. 14 on the walk


South Hessary Tor


Past the row of ponds


Cramber Tor trig point

Cramber Tor pool

Coffee stop on Cramber Tor


The aqueduct

Black Tor Falls


Hart Tor

Snowing after lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment