My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 20th January 2019 - Cranham Common

From Cranham Common on a very cool morning.  Around the edge of the common past the fishponds and up into the woods. Over Saltridge Hill and through Lord's Wood for a coffee stop by the cricket ground overlooking Sheepscombe. On through Ebworth Plantations and past the Ebworth Centre. Through Overtown and finally back over Cranham Common. A relatively short walk of 5 miles but with a height gain of 1225 feet. 21 on the walk

The fishpond



Coffee stop above Sheepscombe

Gorse and a reminder of Dartmoor!

Followed by a huge patch of snowdrops.


Well weathered post box

Back up through the Ebworth Plantations


The spirit of Ebworth Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment