My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 27th January - Bredon Hill

A cold and very windy walk. From Ashton-under-Hill, steeply up for the first mile then on to the ridge line and along to the ornamental bench. From here we went along The Belt and past Sundial Farm to the path above The Warren. A very strong wind here so a short break for lunch in the shelter of the trees. Then on to the top by Banbury Tower where the wind wanted to blow you over. Soon we were more sheltered as we followed the ridge path above the Long Plantation but very muddy on this bit. We took th e path down beside Ashton Wood and then back into the village. 14 in total, 8.5 miles and 1200 feet of ascent.





On the way up



Banbury Tower


Group photo



No comments:

Post a Comment