My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 16th January - Twyning

An easy virtually flat walk from Twining with the Winchcombe Probus group. We went north from the pub to Hill End then turned south through the edge of Twining. Through Church End and on to the common land which is the flood plain for the River Avon. A 35 on the walk followed by lunch at the Fleet Inn.


Looking back towards Bredon Hill.


River Avon




Look at the height of the mooring posts to allow the boats to rise up when the area is flooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment