My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 3rd February 2019 - Lower Slaughter

A beautiful cold crispy morning starting from Lower Slaughter which is probably the most photogenic place in the Cotswolds. Arriving early I took the opportunity to walk up to the Old Mill to get some photos. The still water in the river made for some great reflections.

25 on the walk. We followed the Macmillan Way to Aston Farm where we joined the Windrush Way to Lower Harford Farm. Then up and over the ridge to join the Warden's Way back to Upper Slaugher and finally Lower Slaughter. Reasonable snow on the higher levels made for a winter wonderland on the walk. 8 miles and 750 feet ascent




The Old Mill


We're off!

Macmillan Way



Most unusual barn near Aston Farm


On the Windrush Way

Through the woods

And out into the open valley for...

...a coffee stop

The locals were unconcerned as we passed by.

The ford by Lower Harford Farm

Looking down on Lower Harford Farm

A slippery slope

This was the view for lunch on the Warden's Way

By Cress Cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment