My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Thrusday 10th January - High Willhayes Dartmoor

A very familiar solo walk today from Meldon Reservoir. A superb morning with blue skies, no wind and the ground was frozen solid. My route was to follow the track up and around Longstone Hill, over to Black Tors, up to High Willhayes, along to Yes Tor and then back down avoiding the clitter.

6 miles and 1300 feet ascent.










No wind and superb reflections on the water.

Sourton Tor in the distance

Black Tor comes into view.

Looking across to Shelstone Tor, Sourton Tors and Branscombe's Loaf on Corn Ridge

The view down from Black Tor to Vellake Corner

Looking back to Langstone Hill

Looking up the West Okement Valley

High Willhayes

High Willhayes with Hamster Tor and Yes Tor in the distance

Looking south. I had the place to myself but met someone else walking over to Yes Tor.

Yes Tor looking across to Cosdon Hill

Yes Tor looking back to High Willhayes

Red-a-ven-Brook below

More reflections on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment