My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 6th September 2022 - Around Meon Hill

Just four of us for the walk today starting in Mickleton. An 8 mile walk all around Meon Hill (You can't go over it because there aren't any footpaths).  A mixed bag of weather, muggy, dull at first then waterproofs on as the rain came in. Bright sunshine at the end.


Sunflowers just outside of Mickleton.


Looking across to Bredon Hill

In Hidcote Boyce there is this unusual sculpture and .....

The drinking trough for horses with....

This little sculpture on top.

Good to see that after the rain the grass is starting to go green again - in the meantime the sheep have been getting their winter feed.

A lovely thatched cottage in Hidcote Bartrim

Meon Hill from the east

Past one of the eight Ebrington parish boundary stones to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee - erected in 2012

Across the fields back to Mickleton

Church of St Lawrence, Mickleton


No comments:

Post a Comment