My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 30th August 2022 - Cleeve Hill

A longer walk today starting in Winchcombe. Up to Belas Knap and on to Cleeve Hill. Across Nottingham Hill to near Gotherington Holt. Then steeply up to the old barn and back past Langley Hill Farm. Sunny and just a little bit cooler. 12 miles with 1600 feet of ascent.


Heading up from Winchcombe

Wontley Farm

The memorial tree on Cleeve Hill

Across the golf course

The clubhouse with Dumbleton Hill in the distance

The cows came to see us - I think they thought we might have some food

Langley Hill below



The Langley Hill Drover 

Across to Bredon Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment