My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 22nd September 2021 - Diamond Way


 


The third leg of the Diamond Way starting from Jackdaws Castle and going through Ford, Temple Guiting, Guiting Power, Naunton, Aylworth and back to Notgrove.

Cold and foggy at the start but the sun soon burned off the fog and it was a glorious warm autumn day.

Just over 10 miles with 900 feet of ascent

Click here for the next leg

Click here for the previous leg






The community Hedgehog bus picked us up in Notgrove to take us to the start at......

....Jackdaws Castle. Initially following the gallops all the way down to Ford. No horses - probably too late for them.


As we got into Temple Guiting the sun came out.

Church of St Mary - Temple Guiting

The hare and the tortoise in the Lousehill Planation

Guiting Power

Leaving Guiting Power


The path ahead to.....

...Naunton where we stopped for lunch at St Andrew's Church

With two sundials


The entrance to the church

The River Windrush in Naunton

Looking back over Naunton

Coming up and under the disused railway line near Aylworth

Super quaint old cottage in Notgrove

Notgrove at the end of the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment