My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Monday13th September - Yes Tor Dartmoor

Return to Darmoor for two days of walking. Starting at Betty Cottles Inn on a footpath not walked before. This takes you under the A30 bypass and then under the Meldon viaduct. Through the old quarry workings and steeply up to Black Down. Then on the track and up to Yes Tor. Down over towards Black Tor before picking up the track over Longstone Hill and down back under the Meldon viaduct.


Meldon viaduct above the old quarry.

Looking across to Longstone Hill and Red-a-ven Brook valley



Yes Tor

On Yes Tor with High Willhays in the distance


Red-a-ven Brook

Meldon reservoir



No comments:

Post a Comment