My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 14th September - High Willhays Dartmoor

My second day on Dartmoor and a meet up with my old friends. Starting from East Okement Farm. Across to Oke Tor then up to East Tor before looping round to High Willhays and Yes Tor.  Finally back to West Mill Tor and back to the start. 7 miles with 1300 feet of ascent.


A heavy and typical atmosphheric mist on the high moor at the start of the walk.

Down to Henry's ford.....


East Mill Tor

On the track up to High Willhays - Yes Tor on the left in the distance.

Final push to the top

High Willhays

Then across to Yes Tor with High Willhays in the distance

As we leave Yes Tor the mist finally clears 

West Mill Tor in the distance

West Mill Tor

Looking back at Yes Tor


Black-a-ven Brook


No comments:

Post a Comment