My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 3rd November 2019 Bromsberrow

A walk around the very southern part of the Malvern Hills. We starte from the church by Bromesberrow Court, through Bromesberrow and then through the fields between the two lakes below Bormesberrow Place. On to Whiteleaved Oak then south to the trig point on Chase End Hill. Until this point the weather had been gloomy and cold but as the sun came through it became much warmer. Gently down from Chase End Hill to join the Three Choirs Way before going up and around the eastern side of Ragged Stone Hill, to Hollybush. Then around the western side of Ragged Stone Hill with a stop for lunch. We could see May Hill and Sugar Loaf (30 miles away). Back to Whiteleaved Oak and another path on the west side of  Chase End Hill.

9 miles and 1300 feet of ascent.


Chase End Hill

Ragged Stone Hill in the distance




Three Choirs Way

Wonderful autumn colours in the sunshine




Eastnoor Castle

Sugar Loaf in the hazy distance

Ragged Stone Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment