My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 27th November Malvern Hills

A shame about the weather. One of the best places in the UK for spectacular views and we didn't get any.... None at all. Low cloud was the dominating feature.

Starting from the car park below British Camp we followed the ridge north over Pinnacle Hill and Jubilee Hill to the Wyche cutting. On over Summer Hill to the Worcestershire Beacon. Then down to loop over Sugarloaf Hill, Table Hill and North Hill before returning to the Worcestershire Beacon for our lunch stop.

Back to the Wyche cutting and then an alternative route on the eastern side of the hills to rejoin the main path just south of Pinnacle Hill.

9 miles and lots of steep uphill sections for a strenuous walk with 2600 feet of ascent.






Low cloud everywhere

Just the odd glimpse of the view below

On the Worcestershire Beacon

A glimpse of the sheep on North Hill

Less cloud at the lower level

Lunch on the Worcestershire Beacon with flood visible in the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment