My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 10th November 2019 Dover's Hill

What a difference a day makes. Cold and wet the day before and lovely autumnal sunshine today. Starting from the car park on Dover's Hill we initially followed the Cotswold Way to Broadway. A coffee stop at Fish Hill car park and it being Remembrance Sunday we observed the two minute silence. On  to Broadway Tower with lots of people out enjoying the sunshine. Steeply down to Broadway to skirt the edge of town and take the underpass under the A44 to Saintbury for a lunch stop at the church. Through the fields to Buckle Street then back up to the hill to the start.

8 miles with 1100 feet ascent.




Broadway Tower comes into view.



Going down to Broadway with lots of people going up

Broadway


Under the A44 and a very rural underpass. They always have graffiti!

Lots of mud  - this was the worst

Lunch at the church in Saintbury

Shades of autumn all around


At the start of the way up and a strange place to find the signpost. It lets you know where the footpaths are but doesn't tell you where they are going.

On the way up


A fine view from the topograph on Dover's Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment