My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 25th September 2019 Winchcombe

Sunshine and lots of showers for the walk today. Out from Winchcombe, past the Castle, Sudeley Lodge and Parks Farm to Deadmanbury Gate. From here we took the Campden Lane track past Farmcote Wood Farm. This is a recently completed new build and in the form of a 'Stately House'. It is almost invisible but we did get a glimpse of it. We continued on to Beckbury Camp before returning on the Cotswold Way through Hailes.

11 miles and 1500 feet ascent.






Looking towards Parks Farm


Looking back towards Winchcombe

Craftsmen at work - rebuilding the stone wall.

The new 'Stately Home' - Farmcote Wood Farm


Winchcombe and Langley Hill

Coming down from Beckbury Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment