My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 13th August 2019 High Willhayes, Dartmoor

An opportunity to lead a walk with old chums. From Meldon Reservoir to follow the West Okement River gently up to Lints Tor. Then across to Dinger Tor and gently up again to High Willhayes and Yes Tor. Finally back down to avoid the clitter. A mixture of Dartmoor's very best weather with rain and sunshine at different times.

8 miles and 1450 feet ascent.













Around the edge of Meldon reservoir

Black Tor ahead

Black Tor Copse. We stopped to look for the old crash site on the other side of the valley but couldn't see it.

Rain all around - the West Okement River with Lints Tor in the distance


Lints Tor

Looking back down the valley - Black Tor, Fordsland Ledge and High Willhayes just visible

On the way up to the top

On High Willhayes looking south

High Willhayes



On Yes Tor

Coming back down

No comments:

Post a Comment