My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 11th August 2019 Winchcombe Recce

Whilst I have walked this before I decided to do a recce for the walk I'm leading in a couple of weeks.

From Winchcombe following the Winchcombe Way to Belas Knap, Wontley Farm, Cleeve Hill and Nottingham Hill almost to the railway station at Gotherington. Local footpaths to Far Stanley and then returning to Winchcombe over Langley Hill on the Gloucestershire Way.

Just over 11 miles and 1600 feet ascent.







Rain as I went up the hill leaving Winchcombe behind.

Belas Knap

Wontley Farm


Cleeve Hill.........the masts

.....Cleeve Hill.........the lonely tree

....Cleeve Hill.........golfers........

......Cleeve Hill.........the Topograph

Over Nottingham Hill and you can just make out the Malvern Hills.  The sun came out too.

The old barn

Looking back to Dixton Hill

Langley Hill Farm


No comments:

Post a Comment