My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 21st August 2019 - Winchcombe

Perfect conditions for our walk today with sunshine, clear views and a little bit cooler. On the Winchcombe Way for the first half of the walk from Winchcombe up to Belas Knap. Past Wontley farm and on to Cleeve Hill with stops at the remembrance tree, the topograph and lunch. Over Nottingham Hill and down almost to Gotherington Halt.  Turning right at Greenway Farm through the footpaths where, at last, the crops had been harevested. On to Far Stanley Farm then steeply up for a stop by the old barn. Up again on the Gloucestershire Way around the edge of Langley Hill and then finally steeply down to Winchcombe.

11.5 miles and 1750 feet ascent.







On the Winchcombe Way on the way up


Coffe stop at Belas Knap

Cleeve Common.....

...the remembrance tree...

....the topograph...

....lunch stop with a view


Of course we had to visit the Millennium Man

Final up hill before going round Langley Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment