My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Sunday 4th August 2019 Gloucester Beeches

We started from Gloucester Beeches which whilst beside the A417 is not an easy place to find if you haven't been there before. We took the footpath to Syde. From here through Winstone Wood around the edge of Winstone and then into Misarden Park past the Lodge gate house. We stayed on the edge of the park and on to Duntisbourne Abbots for luch by the church. After this it was back through Winstone to take the track directly back to the start.

An easy walk on a warm day 8.5 miles and 760 feet ascent.













Heading off to Syde

Syde

Steeply down

Into Misarden Park


The church in Duntisbourne Abbots


Finding the best route through the mud

Gloucester Beeches on the right.

Gloucester Beeches - the original A417 on the left - which is now a lay-bye and the newer dual carriageway on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment