My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 5th February 2019 Cotswold Way Dowdeswell Reservoir to Severn Springs

Very foggy on the higher ground. This was all about doing another short stretch of the Cotswold Way from Dowdeswell Reservoir to Seven Springs. I started at Severn Springs and followed the Cotswold Way around Wistley Hill. Steeply down Ravensgate Hill and past Old Dole Farm then down to the A40 west of Dowdeswell Reservoir. Along the road to rejoin the Cotswold Way. Up along the edge of Lineover Wood and back to Wistley Hill.








The very busy A436 near Seven Springs


The edge of theWistley Plantation - the path became very, very muddy.

Old Doyle Farm

Cotswold Way near Dowdeswell Reservoir





No comments:

Post a Comment