My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Wednesday 13th February - Andoversford

31 on the walk this week. Starting at the Royal Oke in Andoversford. Our route took us Syreford, Sevenhampton, Soundborough, Hampden and Shipton. Milder than recently with some sunny spells. A fairly easy walk but with styles and so many walkers we did tend to get well spread out. Lunch in the Royal Oke and another shorter walk in the afternoon (which I wasn't able to do)

7.8 miles 1000 feet ascent.


Looking towards the quarry near Syreford

River Coln at Sevenhampton

Sevenhampton church






North Farm Shipton



Middle Farm

Crossing the main road in Andoversford

No comments:

Post a Comment