My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Bredon from Eckington 7th October 2018

Starting  from Eckington Bridge.  The car park was full with early morning anglers so for some it was on to the near-by lay bye. Dull at first but it soon warmed up. Out through the edge of Birlingham and on to the weir and lock at Nafford. Through Great Comberton and then up to the top of the Bredon  Hill over Even Hill. On to Banbury Tower for a picnic lunch. Return to the start through Woollas Hall and Eckington.

9 miles and a heigh gain of 1200 feet.




A view of Bredon Hill from just afer the start.

Nafford Weir

Nafford Lock



On the ridge looking on Great Comberton with Pershore just behind.

Picnic on the top.


Looking towards the Malvern Hills



On the way down just above Woollas Hall



No comments:

Post a Comment