My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Birdlip Sunday 21st October



A fine sunny morning, although quite cool at first. Starting from the school in Birdlip, out on the footpath below Hawcote Hill and on to Brimsfield. Then down into the long valley which leads to Caudle Green. From here steeply up to Syde and then across the busy A417 by Gloucester  Beeches. Across the ploughed field for lunch on the edge of Cowley Wood. Returning to the start through Stockwell.

8 miles and a height gain of 750 feet.









Down to the wood by Groveridge Hill


Into the long valley below where another group of ramblers were coming in the opposite direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment