My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 4th July 2023 - Return to Dartmoor

A walk with my old friends up to High Willhays, the highest point on Dartmoor. Around Longstone Hill to follow the valley for the Red-a-ven brook and then up to West Mill Tor. On to Yes Tor, High Willhays and returning past Black Tor. 8 miles with 1400 feet of ascent. A very heavy shower at the start followed by a dry spell and then the rain came in! Waterproofs on for the whole walk. A proper Dartmoor walk with proper Dartmoor weather!


West Mill Tor in the clouds in the distance


Arriving at West Mill Tor with Yes Tor behind

West Mill Tor

Looking over Oke Tor to Steeperton Tor

On Yes Tor

With Charlie, Phil, Jane and Brenda

High Willhays with Yes Tor in the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment