My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Tuesday 18th July 2023 - Stroud

This week to the other end of the Cotswolds and starting in Stroud. Going through Callowell and up through Randwick to join the Cotswold Way in Standish Wood.  Taking the Topograph and Haresfield Beacon, around Haresfield Hill. Almost to Edge and Painswick and then a lower route back to Stroud.  11 miles with 1800 feet of ascent

The topograph



On to the Haresfield Beacon with fine views......

.....to the escarpement

.....the river Severn

....as a wind surfer went past

Good to see the 'scary' doll is still there as you come along the Cotswold Way in the other direction.

The Cromwell Stone celebrating the raising of the seige of Gloucester in the Civil War


The half way stone on the Cotswold Way



No comments:

Post a Comment