My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Stanway 25th November 2018

My first opportunity to lead a walk for the ramblers since joing in April. 21 in all at the car park in Stanton. We followed Cotswold Way up to Shenbarrow Hill - a steep climb which sharpens as you near the top - 700 feet in just over a mile. That was the end of the climbing - all down hill or gently undulating from here. On to the Winchcombe Way for a short while before stopping for coffee in Stanway Ash Wood. On to Stumps Cross and along Campden Lane before following the Cotswold Way to Beckbury Monunment and then down to Hailes for the lunch stop at the church. Back on the Winchombe Way to Stanton going through Wood Stanway  and Stanway.

9.5 miles 1000 feet ascent.

Cleeve Group Ramblers


Stanton

After the climb

Coffee stop....

...and then the cavalry came. They were not going to wait for the walkers!

Stumps Cross - replica

Beckbury Monument.


The little church at Hailes.

On the Winchombe Way

Wood Stanway

Stanway House and church

Final gentle climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment