My Country Walks



Welcome to my new blog following my move to the Cotswolds in early 2018.

Previously living on the edge of Dartmoor I shared details of my walks on Dartmoor on my previous blog My Dartmoor Walks. As I explore this new area I will share details of the routes here.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

Hailes 6th November 2018



A short solo walk from Hailes on the Cotswold Way up to the Beckbury monument, on to the Winchcombe Way along Campden Lane. Returning on the Salt Way and Salters Lane.

5.33 miles 830 feet ascent.












The old church at Hailes near the destroyed Hailes Abbey.

The track on the edge of Hailes Wood.

Beckbury Monument


Looking down at the avenue of trees which run to Stanton.


The Farmcote Valley

Looking across to Langley Hill and Woolstone Hill.

Looking back over Hailes with Lidcombe  Hill in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment